I love banana cake, from the preparations to the finished product. It is very easy and time convenient to prepare for all the wet ingredients except for the butter are mixed together separately and likewise the dry ingredients. Then the butter and the wet ingredients are added to the dry ingredients and mixed together to make the cake batter.
3 large ripe bananas (about 454g)
122ml sour cream, room temperature
8g pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
306g granulated white sugar
352g cake flour
4g baking powder
6g baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2g ground cinnamon (optional)
214g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Butter and flour a 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pan.
- In the bowl of your food processor, place the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Process just until blended and smooth. Add the eggs and process until combined.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, (or with an electric hand mixer) combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Add the softened butter, along with half the banana mixture, and beat on low speed just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase the mixer speed to medium (on high if using a hand mixer) and beat the batter for 1 1/2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the remaining banana mixture in two additions, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top, and bake for about 40 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan. When completely cooled, frost with Chocolate Fudge Frosting